In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 2 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Night hiking
“How bad do you really want to walk?” -I felt like asking, in response to a question posed to V8 and Auntie Mame, The Trekking Twins, at their well-attended Lincolnville ( ME) Public Library presentation “Twins Talk Trail” two nights … Continue reading
You’d think that I’d be packing a headlamp after writing about night hiking in the the past two blog entries- But no. I’ve been hiking some Friday afternoons with my friend Frank for the past few months, and took him … Continue reading
Yesterday I re-posted Hiking in the Dark, My hiking pal, Guthook, must have been thinking the same as the daylight winds down here in New England. He just blogged about headlamp details- battery strategy, best source for rechargeable AA’s , … Continue reading
From time to time I report content from other sites that support the direction of my own blog. Section Hiker is one of those places where good ideas (and sometimes good deals, and give-aways) are the standard. I recently bought … Continue reading