In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago
Author Archives: Tom Jamrog
I had hit my chest, ribs, and shoulder hard as I ever did before. The sudden pain that I felt lying face down on the single track caused me to scream wordlessly several times. Blaine had been riding his bike … Continue reading
My main sleeping bag. 10 years old and close to 9,000 miles and hundreds of nights on the trail. Big stamp of approval.
Goodreads Book Giveaway In the Path of Young Bulls by Thomas Jamrog Giveaway ends December 03, 2017. See the giveaway details at Goodreads. Enter Giveaway https://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/widget/266354
Read George Smith’s review here
“November 20th BEHOLD, NOW AS EVER “If you’ve seen the present, you’ve seen all things, from time immemorial into all of eternity. For everything that happens is related and the same.” —MARCUS AURELIUS, MEDITATIONS, 6.37
The events that will transpire today are the same as the things that have always occurred. People living and dying, animals living and dying, clouds rolling in and rolling out, air sucked in and sucked out, as it has for … Continue reading
The softcover book lists for $ 28.95, with 286 pages, including 34 pages of full color photos. Most pages have two photos. Originally written on my iPhone, additional dialogue and background was added. Over 50 hours of professional editing completed … Continue reading
For the last 3 days, our house has been without electricity, due to an October 30th storm that downed power lines all over the state of Maine. We’re back into a simpler life style – out to camp. Its in … Continue reading
I’m looking forward to presenting Friday night at the Snowalkers Rendezvous in Vermont in November. Great weekend experience! “Walking Matters”- From the ages of 57 – 64, “Uncle Tom” thru-hiked four National Scenic Trails. Tom reviews the latest research on … Continue reading