In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @dailystoic: "We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality." - Seneca 1 hour ago
- RT @idonethis: Busy Is The New Lazy | Fast Company bit.ly/2qrueS5 2 days ago
- CDT book published tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/cdt… https://t.co/HIbIXHR38N 3 days ago
- RT @donhornsby: Life's short. Live #passionately. ― Marc A. Pitman #leadership https://t.co/cBBLL1g2fA 5 days ago
- RT @Al_Humphreys: Tired, frozen, beaten: image of Captain Scott’s expedition that foretold a tragedy theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/n… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: March 2016
Exiting the car in the iced-over parking lot on Friday afternoon I decided to leave my Stabilicer traction devices in the vehicle. My brother Roy was already walking on the multi-purpose trail and he shouted over, “No ice here” so … Continue reading
Guided Backpacking Schedule 2016 June 7- July 6, 2016 Private backpacking trip August 15-19, 2016– Half of Maine’s Hundred Mile Wilderness Suitable to those with limited backpacking experience. We will walk 50 miles of the Appalachian Trail on this remote … Continue reading
Microadventures give me major satisfaction. These compressed experiences ignite interest in the wild spaces that surround our lives. Each morning, we wake, wash, dress, eat, and then work or play in mostly predictable patterns. I spend my time mostly living … Continue reading
It’s crazy! I am improving at biking, despite collecting Social Security. Strava tells me it’s so. Strava is my favorite App. This one data set sums up my activity for 2015. I logged 406 hours of physical activity in 2015, … Continue reading
How much persuasion do we need to expand our lives? Yet another research summary from the Health section of the NY Times came into my in-box this week with yet another angle of evidence for getting up off the couch … Continue reading
One-night stove building workshop in Camden, Maine, 6-8:30 pm. Here is a picture of what the stove will look like: Further details about the stove itself are in this updated blog post from 2012. This post feature a video clip … Continue reading