In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- What makes your sirens go off... via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - ... tinyurl.com/y7gw4wjy 8 hours ago
- Chillin’ at Tanglewood Camp with Maine Coast Men. #lifeinmaine @ Camden Hills State Park instagram.com/p/BaRCYcAlWI6/ 2 days ago
- Pepper harvest last night in anticipation of frost. Portuguese Padrons on the right. Seeds from… instagram.com/p/BaMA-KhlBOi/ 4 days ago
- Make Your Own Multi-fuel Backpacking Stove tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/mak… 4 days ago
- Generally true twitter.com/ofthetrail/sta… 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: January 2010
It was a chance to bask in the pleasure of walking in powder snow one more time, and was our best little hike so far this winter. Ryan and I decided to take advantage of the clear skies and head … Continue reading
Medical Miracle Nears a Milepost By JOHN BRANCH Published: January 20, 2010 Twelve years after brain surgery to alleviate epileptic seizures, Diane Van Deren is one of the world’s top endurance runners.
My To-Do list is taking on the specter out of a Stephen King horror story. Yikes, my wife reminded me that I have 90 days or so before I start hiking in California. One thing that is coming along OK … Continue reading
It was 20 degrees out, dark and overcast this morning . After eating a breakfast of espresso , scrambled eggs, bacon, and a pumpernickel bagel slathered with Queso’s own strawberry fig preserves, I was fueled up for a hike. The … Continue reading
The Northeastern United States are a backpacker’s dream, with two National Forests, well over a thousand miles of hiking trails, and several hiking clubs that maintain those trails. Backpackers looking for short trips have dozens of options within a few … Continue reading
We had a big snow storm here this weekend. Deer, deer everywhere. The new snow makes it easier to see where they came from and what they are looking for. When I walked up to the road to get the … Continue reading