In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @dailystoic: "We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality." - Seneca 1 hour ago
- RT @idonethis: Busy Is The New Lazy | Fast Company bit.ly/2qrueS5 2 days ago
- CDT book published tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/cdt… https://t.co/HIbIXHR38N 3 days ago
- RT @donhornsby: Life's short. Live #passionately. ― Marc A. Pitman #leadership https://t.co/cBBLL1g2fA 5 days ago
- RT @Al_Humphreys: Tired, frozen, beaten: image of Captain Scott’s expedition that foretold a tragedy theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/n… 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2015
Everyone is invited to Marcia Jamrog and Jan Munroe’s presentation “Twins Talk Trail,” a program about comfort, pleasure and safety on short and long-distance hikes, on Wednesday, November 4 at 7 p.m. at the Lincolnville Community Library. Twins Marcia and … Continue reading
Uncle Tom’s Guided Adventures Trip- Camden Hills State Park, Camden, Maine–Dates: October 23-25, 2015 We’ll hike into the Ski Shelter scenically set the forest on a Friday afternoon. We will hike out on Sunday. The shelter is located approximately 2.5 … Continue reading
The huge battering wind that awoke me yesterday in my bunk here at Windy Pitch camp at Katahdin Lake Wilderness Camps is gone this morning. In its place is the sound of gently falling rain, a total surprise, given the … Continue reading
Last month I had the pleasure of reuniting with my PCT and AT hiking buddy The Burglar, who received the Triple Crown of hiking after walking the AT northbound. He stayed with me a couple of days before heading back … Continue reading
Here is my best thinking about hiking as you get older. I’ve backpacked approximately 8,000 miles since age 57. Practice meditation for one hour daily. Allows feelings and thoughts to pass through your mind without judging or reacting to them; … Continue reading
Uncle Tom’s Guided Adventures Trip- Camden Hills State Park, Camden, Maine–Dates: October 23-25, 2015 We’ll hike into the Ski Shelter scenically set amidst birch, maple, and balsam forest on a Friday afternoon. We will hike out on Sunday. The shelter … Continue reading