In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 2 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: October 2017
I’m looking forward to presenting Friday night at the Snowalkers Rendezvous in Vermont in November. Great weekend experience! “Walking Matters”- From the ages of 57 – 64, “Uncle Tom” thru-hiked four National Scenic Trails. Tom reviews the latest research on … Continue reading
I’m scheduled to do some unique hiking this afternoon, with my guide, and brother-in-law, Gene, who has been to all six previous years of this event. Gene tells me that, “Cash buys tickets, tickets get exchanged for beer that goes … Continue reading
English major makes good! My first book is back from the printers and ready for reading! The book is also available on Amazon, with the “Look Inside” feature online within a week. The softcover book lists for $ 28.95, with … Continue reading
Only 4 days left to register. Make your own multi-fuel backpacking stove! Have fun making a lightweight stove that you can use on day hikes and on backpacking trips. Created from metal cans and fasteners, these downdraft stoves efficiently burn … Continue reading
I tuned into Maine Pubic Broadcasting’s Maine Calling show yesterday at 1 pm in order to listen to Bernd Henirich discuss his newest book (he’s published 20), The Naturalist’s Notebook: An Observation Guide and 5-Year Calendar-Journal for Tracking Changes in … Continue reading