- The market for used eclipse sunglasses via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - ... tinyurl.com/ybxfft9w 13 hours ago
- Valuing hygiene factors via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - A hygiene factor ... tinyurl.com/ybyz7waw 1 day ago
- Day 10 East Coast Trail: roaring ocean soundtrack tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/day… https://t.co/QYx8uhglZi 2 days ago
- Day 9 East Coast Trail- Witless Bay to Roaring Cove Campsite tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/19/day… 3 days ago
- Day 8 East Coast Trail Location: Witless Bay Suites. Mileage: 0 tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/17/day… https://t.co/KMuVURInGb 5 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2013
Companion piece to Snowshoeing to Camden Hills. Check out another point of view, written by one heck of a productive hiker->> Guthook Hikes! | Hike Light, Hike Far, Hike Often.
After several days of now-we-have-it-now-we-don’t electricity due to one ice, and two snow storms I’m here tonight in a stone-floored, enclosed shelter with no electricity or cell service, but…. there are three bunk beds, two chairs, a wood stove, an … Continue reading
Check out Carey Kish’s blog entry about my Q&A session last month: “Embrace the Brutality” of the Continental Divide Trail | The Portland Press Herald / Maine Sunday Telegram.
Hopeful news for the holiday. “I have been enjoying American chestnuts for several years now, harvested from some trees that are now part of my forest of 600 acres in western Maine…” Revitalizing Our Forests – NYTimes.com.By BERND HEINRICH
We’ve had a rare two feet or powder snow drop here on the Maine coast this past pre-Christmas week. I am nursing my sore body after two short but steep snowshoe hikes in the past three days. I have to … Continue reading
Now appears it is not all about numbers. Blood Pressure Guidelines Can Be Loosened, Panel Says – NYTimes.com. And another quick addition from NYT about this breaking news-> 3 Things to Know About the New Blood Pressure Guidelines
Lists, lists, lists… This time of year, it’s easy to scan countless columns of the best movies, best books. I haven’t seen “Best Meals I’ve Cooked in 2013”, but there is a list for that, for sure. I am tired … Continue reading
I take notice when Malcom Gladwell writes about this so-called “Ten-Thousand-Hour Rule”. Here’s a August 2013 update from Gladwell, responding to some critiques of his points. ( From the New Yorker) –>Sports, Complexity, and the Ten-Thousand-Hour Rule.
One should expect a lot of challenges over the course of a six-month backpacking journey, yes. But on the 3,200-mile long Continental Divide Trail, challenge takes on a whole new meaning. Just ask Tom Jamrog of Lincolnville, who recently completed … Continue reading