In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: July 2011
Cave Hill Road in North Leverett, MA was the gathering point last night for the 40th anniversary gathering of the UMass/Amherst 1967-72 Outing Club. This was a group of which three of the members- Albert Howcroft ( “Craft”), Dave Palmer … Continue reading
On the road after really fine visit in North Leverett with members of the UMass Outing Club. Kraft, Palmer, Terry C. are the original hiker trash. Still practicing the dirt bag lifestyle after all these years. Off to Katahdin tomorrow. … Continue reading
Lee and I secured a parking spot this coming Tuesday for what should be my 15th hike to the summit, then the Knife Edge. More later.
Lots of coffee, headed to UMass/ Amherst Outing Club. Big energy.
“Caution: This is the most difficult regular hiking trail in the White Mountains”, reads the White Mountain Guide. With an elevation gain of 4,256 feet in 4.4 miles of trail from Pinkham Notch visitor’s center to the summit of Mt. … Continue reading
Started hiking up the Wildcat trail out of Pinkham Notch in New Hampshire’s Whites at 8 this morning. We finished 9 miles later just before 3 PM. Exhausted, but a good exhausted. It was as humid as you can stand. … Continue reading
I’m ramping training for an August thru-hike of Vermont’s 270 mile Long Trail. Thursday night I joined 11 of The Bubbas in mountain biking the new single track trails laid down in Camden’s Ragged Mountain/ Snow Bowl. I was most … Continue reading
What are the chances of two Triple Crown holders converging in Rockland, ME the same night? My presentation Thurs night was kicked off that afternoon by a chance meeting at the lunch counter at Moody’s diner. I greeted two fellows … Continue reading