In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: December 2008
I just picked up a couple of new alcohol stoves from Tinny at minibulldesign.com . The company is based here in Maine, up in the tiny berg of Corrina. Tinny appears to be a machinist, who used to work at … Continue reading
Santa was good to us this year at 290 High St, Lincolnville, Maine. It was just Marcia and I this time, as Lincoln and Arlo were spending the holiday week together in Bozeman , MT at Lincoln’s place for a … Continue reading
Walking the AT has opened yet another unforseen door for me. For three weeks leading up to Thanksgiving, I’ve been ensconced on the couch expanding my reading choices, namely technical writing related to riverfront development. This past Thursday I was … Continue reading
Today is the first day of winter, 2008. When I got up it was 6 below zero out, with some light wind to chill things off a bit more. There is now 4” of snow on the flats, and today … Continue reading
Super article in today’s NY Times on Fred Beckey ( hotlink) , who’s looking for at least one climbing partner on his trip to Spain. Be sure to check out the 4 minutes video of Fred still climbing. From this … Continue reading
This past Nov. 7-9 I traveled to Fairlee, Vermont to attend one of my favorite events of the calendar year. The Snow Walkers’ Rendezvous (SWR) is a weekend focused on non motorized human winter travel, be it assisted by snowshoes, … Continue reading