What are the chances of two Triple Crown holders converging in Rockland, ME the same night?
My presentation Thurs night was kicked off that afternoon by a chance meeting at the lunch counter at Moody’s diner. I greeted two fellows that I over heard two seats down from me who were talking about backpacking out west. They told me that they recognized me and that they were, in fact, coming to my talk. One turned out to be Disco Dan , who is a Triple Crowner, meaning that he had thru hiked not only the AT, but the PCT, and also the Continental Divide Trail.
Later that night another Triple Crowner, True, attended the talk. Her considerable outdoor accomplishments are best reviewed by visiting her web site .
Another surprise that walked in the door was from Brad Purdy, who graced the audience with a couple of platters of his famous Brad Bars, a high energy, gloriously tasteful concoction that has fueled backpackers since 1985. He also has mastered a dehydrated dinner- “Curry In A Hurry” that I received on both the AT and the PCT.
Forty-seven people showed up, great questions, good times. Down to MA for another presentation on Monday night- July 11th.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- Chillin’ at Tanglewood Camp with Maine Coast Men. #lifeinmaine @ Camden Hills State Park instagram.com/p/BaRCYcAlWI6/ 2 days ago
- Pepper harvest last night in anticipation of frost. Portuguese Padrons on the right. Seeds from… instagram.com/p/BaMA-KhlBOi/ 4 days ago
- Make Your Own Multi-fuel Backpacking Stove tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/mak… 4 days ago
- Generally true twitter.com/ofthetrail/sta… 5 days ago
- In praise of Bernd Heinrich tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/in-… https://t.co/yv9SkD0MwU 5 days ago