In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- Chillin’ at Tanglewood Camp with Maine Coast Men. #lifeinmaine @ Camden Hills State Park instagram.com/p/BaRCYcAlWI6/ 1 day ago
- Pepper harvest last night in anticipation of frost. Portuguese Padrons on the right. Seeds from… instagram.com/p/BaMA-KhlBOi/ 3 days ago
- Make Your Own Multi-fuel Backpacking Stove tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/mak… 3 days ago
- Generally true twitter.com/ofthetrail/sta… 4 days ago
- In praise of Bernd Heinrich tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/in-… https://t.co/yv9SkD0MwU 4 days ago
Monthly Archives: February 2011
Your Brain on Computers – NYTimes.com Your Brain on Computers – Studying the Brain Off the Grid, Professors Find Clarity “Of course you’d want to know about a $25 million grant,” Mr. Kramer responds. Pressed by Mr. Atchley on the … Continue reading
Fitness: A Walk to Remember? Study Says Yes By PAULA SPAN Published: February 7, 2011 Researchers found that the hippocampus expanded in subjects who were assigned to walk three times a week. Most studies of exercise results rely on self-report … Continue reading
Walked between four and five miles today, viewing the Pacific. Also consumed a superb cappucino grande at Cafe Trieste. http://www.caffetriestesj.com/About_us.html
John and I made the 1 mile haul into camp Friday afternoon. I have extra hauling toboggans that John and Tug borrowed to get their gear into Dogtrot cabin. The cabin had not been heated for a while, so the … Continue reading
Back to the woods. Six of us hauled toboggans over a snow packed access road to Tanglewwod Camp in Lincolnville, ME for our annual food festival and winter walks around the frozen snow covered countryside. We’ll be here two days … Continue reading
Ryan Linn’s long article ( Part 3/4) of his 2010 PCT Hike Here we go for part three. Volcano land. Blisters, hiking solo, and lightning-started fires marked the stretch of the Pacific Crest Trail from northern California through Oregon.