In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- What I learned from David Pelly tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/wha… https://t.co/UtJkuhAyPU 4 hours ago
- “November 20th BEHOLD, NOW AS EVER “If you’ve seen the present, you’ve seen all things, from time immemorial into… tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/11/20/nov… 8 hours ago
- RT @jeffphowe: Gostkowski: “I think every time I’ve kicked a long kick, Gronk made the catch right beforehand, so it’s a nice little Polish… 8 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Black Elk by Joe Jackson goodreads.com/review/show/20… 2 days ago
- RT @dailystoic: "We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality." - Seneca 3 days ago
Monthly Archives: September 2015
Local adventure opportunity ! Anyone up for a #microadventure to check out the Harvest Moon/ “Supermoon”/ and total lunar eclipse tomorrow night (Sunday, Sept. 27)? As Alistair Humphreys states in Microadventures: Local Discoveries for Great Escapes, “A microadventure is close … Continue reading
It’s finally happened. The heat and humidity that have been making me lazy are gone. It was 45 degrees here in Maine this morning, and the sticky wet thickness in the air went vamoose. I want to move again. Before … Continue reading
My friend Brad gave me this book as a gift. The last two books that I received from him were gems: Journeys of Simplicity by Philip Harnden and Imrov Wisdom:Don’t Prepare, Just Show Up by Patricia Ryan Madson. This is … Continue reading
I attended the opening night screening here on Sept. 11 in mid-coast Maine, where a good-sized audience of seasoned moviegoers were in the vast majority. Big names are associated with this production: Bryson, Redford, and Nolte. The movie was based … Continue reading
I’ve got my tickets in hand for Friday night’s opening here in Midcoast Maine- at the Thomaston Flagship Cinemas. My review will follow. Official movie site for A Walk in the Woods, starring Robert Redford and Nick Nolte. Click here … Continue reading