In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago
Tag Archives: Newfoundland’s East Coast Trail
9.5 miles Bad Influence and I paid $30 each for the shuttle from the Cappahayden back to Wild Roses B & B just outside St. John’s yesterday. This is the last day before we catch our flights back to … Continue reading
8 miles The sunrise awakened us as we prepared to pack up and complete this most southern portion of the East Coast Trail. It’s always exciting to make it from one end of a long trail to the other. We … Continue reading
14 miles Map rating: (Mostly) Difficult : 6-9 hours Moderate Portion 3-5 hours We started walking today at 10:15. it took that long for the heavy rain that fell during the night to taper off in the morning and our … Continue reading
In the next couple of days I am simultaneously prepping for two events. I present this coming Sunday at the 41st Appalachian Trail Conservancy’s biennial Conference “Views from the Maine Woods,” which runs August 4-11 at Colby College in Waterville. … Continue reading
I’m planning to thru-hike this trail next August. I have visited Newfoundland about a half-dozen times in the days when I used to enjoy long distance motorcycling. There are so many biting insects there that we often celebrated riding in … Continue reading