Looking forward to checking out Namakhanta Lake Wilderness Camps for the Columbus Day weekend. The fall foliage is moderate, and 70% full. NLWC has been on my list for years. I love checking out the old sporting camps, and this one has some history. Hope the library is as good as others I have visited, particularly with the rain in the precision. I expect mushrooms will be presenting and hope to forage a few choice specimens.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- Chillin’ at Tanglewood Camp with Maine Coast Men. #lifeinmaine @ Camden Hills State Park instagram.com/p/BaRCYcAlWI6/ 2 days ago
- Pepper harvest last night in anticipation of frost. Portuguese Padrons on the right. Seeds from… instagram.com/p/BaMA-KhlBOi/ 4 days ago
- Make Your Own Multi-fuel Backpacking Stove tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/mak… 4 days ago
- Generally true twitter.com/ofthetrail/sta… 5 days ago
- In praise of Bernd Heinrich tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/12/in-… https://t.co/yv9SkD0MwU 5 days ago