With great relief and encouragement from family and friends, MeGaTex is solidly into Montana, the final state in their quest to complete the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail.
After walking out of the Tobacco Root range yesterday morning, the trio of Uncle Tom, Richard Wizard, and Train are holed up in the air conditioned The Chief motel in sleepy Whitehall, and pulling it together for the next brief leg to Butte.
Here’s the latest daily report. Readers can access the full daily trailjournal here.
- RT @dailystoic: "Difficulties show a person’s character." Epictetus ift.tt/2w2qaXB https://t.co/5euN1Wm0Jp 3 days ago
- Not so great for backpackers wrapping up a CDT hike though. twitter.com/lefsetz/status… 3 days ago
- RT @nytimes: Resist stereotypes about getting older and find ways to get the most out of life as you age, experts say https://t.co/ttTQ8snO… 4 days ago
- BG lived in Maine working the railroad before he found TheTrail. twitter.com/guthookhikes/s… 4 days ago
- RT @outsidemagazine: 137 wildfires. 7.8 million acres of burned land. This is not normal. bit.ly/2jpoA0j 4 days ago