In two days, Eric Larsen throws a leg over a stock Surly Moonlander and starts his 750 mile solo ride to the South pole. A good introduction to the expedition was posted online on Nov. 9
at Outside magazine’s website. Here’s a video clip that conveys the enormity of the task, on a good day.
Larsen is well suited to this particular task. He’s proved it can be done. His previous claims to fame include reaching the North and South Poles and the summit of Everest in one calendar year. I think he’s going to battle cold feet.
Larsen is going alone. He’ll stay in touch using a DeLorme beacon and Iridium satellite phone to tweet, post Facebook messages, and provide online updates. You can follow him on EricLarsenExplore.com, @ELExplore on Twitter, and on Facebook.
- Closer to recreational hutting on the last official day of summer #lifeinmaine #mainecamps @… instagram.com/p/BZUNCUnFQ1Y/ 3 days ago
- RT @Strava: They say the best gifts are ones you make yourself ❤️ twitter.com/andrade_rico/s… 3 days ago
- RT @dailystoic: "Difficulties show a person’s character." Epictetus ift.tt/2w2qaXB https://t.co/5euN1Wm0Jp 1 week ago
- Not so great for backpackers wrapping up a CDT hike though. twitter.com/lefsetz/status… 1 week ago
- RT @nytimes: Resist stereotypes about getting older and find ways to get the most out of life as you age, experts say https://t.co/ttTQ8snO… 1 week ago