I purchased a pair of these socks for $16 in Manchester Center, Vermont in 2007 and used them for the last several hundred miles of that hike to Katahdin. Then they lasted the whole
2,670 miles of my 2012 PCT hike, where they developed a couple small holes around the heels.
Darn Tough boasts a lifetime guarantee, so I went to their web site, and sent them to the owner’s address ( I did wash them twice).
Two weeks later, I received a UPS box with this EXACT duplicate ( color, model, and size) pair of socks.
I’m saving them for my upcoming attempt at thru hiking the 3,000 mile Continental Divide Trail.
I’ve tried numerous brands of these merino wool type socks and Darn Tough have made it to the top of the list.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- 4 of 5 stars to Black Elk by Joe Jackson goodreads.com/review/show/20… 9 hours ago
- RT @dailystoic: "We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality." - Seneca 1 day ago
- RT @idonethis: Busy Is The New Lazy | Fast Company bit.ly/2qrueS5 3 days ago
- CDT book published tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/11/14/cdt… https://t.co/HIbIXHR38N 4 days ago
- RT @donhornsby: Life's short. Live #passionately. ― Marc A. Pitman #leadership https://t.co/cBBLL1g2fA 6 days ago