Had planned to go up today, but rain, within thunderstorms are socking us hard here in Maine right now. It’s going to be clear and sunny tomorrow with early morning temps in the 40’s following the cold front, so that’s the new plan. Abraham is totally new ground for me- one of the few 4,000 footers in New England that I have not yet hiked.
Here’s 4 minutes of footage of the hike, with Alisin of One-Minute Hike fame! She completed her hike to the summit on Aug. 7.
[blip.tv http://blip.tv/play/AYOAj0QC?p=1 width=”550″ height=”443″]
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- @1MinHikeGirl Great couple articles on letterboxing. I had no idea. Another reason to hike! 22 minutes ago
- Technicolor vistas everywhere on today’s mountain bike ride. #lifeinmaine #fattire @ Levenseller… instagram.com/p/BaYljsbFTeT/ 1 day ago
- Chillin’ at Tanglewood Camp with Maine Coast Men. #lifeinmaine @ Camden Hills State Park instagram.com/p/BaRCYcAlWI6/ 3 days ago
- Pepper harvest last night in anticipation of frost. Portuguese Padrons on the right. Seeds from… instagram.com/p/BaMA-KhlBOi/ 5 days ago
- Make Your Own Multi-fuel Backpacking Stove tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/13/mak… 5 days ago