It’s cool to do, plus you will literally cool off.
Marcia and I parked down by the end of the Samoset and packed in
a lunch and spent less than an hour on this most amazing hike. You walk over an absolutely straight, flat, 7/8 of a mile highway out to a lighthouse. With the sun out , we saw down into the green water, and watched sailboats and working lobster boats glide by. There was even ample shade for us to eat our lunches as we sat on a Weatherend bench and gazed back out toward the astoundingly beautiful coast of Maine.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago