The Need to Hike struck less that 24 hours after returning to Maine from Montana. Under threat of rain/ thunderstorms I joined my friend Frank in a 5 mile hike through Camden Hill State Park this afternoon. The peace, and deep connection to the land easily overcame the sodden, rain- soaked trail, as we both slipped and slid our way over the slippery rocks, roots, and mud pits. The freshness of the green was enchanting. Half way though the hike thunder began, leading to rain, accompanied by lightening. We pypassed the trip up to Maiden’s cliff, wisely as the flashes of power we’re noting to challenge on those exposed ledges. I’m thinking of my neighbor and friend Andy Hazen on his first day on the Tour Divide, after he raced 87 miles up and around the Canadian Rockies today. What a day he’s had after a lifetime of preparation!
- @johncarter_net The warden report notes a compass in her possession. 4 hours ago
- Craig Mac conducting service at Bubba Church atop Pleasant this find Maine morning.… instagram.com/p/BIQUe4Gj9_W/ 11 hours ago
- "So simple it doesn't need instructions" via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - ... tinyurl.com/h7l8pbq 20 hours ago
- Checking out 40 fitness related DNA markers via #FitnessGenes. Sending spit to the UK! https://t.co/nkCZJUvSa5 1 day ago
- RT @ccnepal2013: boosting #ICU nursing practice in #Nepal, one region at a time. #globalhealth and #nursing ! wp.me/p1pDBL-OM https… 2 days ago