Made 644 miles on our first day yesterday.
Had to rely on the iPhone last night to secure a room. Don’t give me no crap about electronic tools. Friday night into the holiday weekend resulted in some full motels. The phone connected us to a Econolodge motel around Buffalo that was right near I-90, that I reserved from the Tundra.
Andy got his first lesson today on how to use a debit card in a gas pump. Tomorrow’s workshop will be “Andy faces an ATM machine”.
The pic above was taken at 5:25 this morning when Andy was exited to see a seagull from Maine that must have followed us out here. I’m pleased to learn that Andy is also an early riser. Team High Street up at daybreak to get ‘er dun!
- Pretty, cheap and well-rounded (three misunderstandings) via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, ... tinyurl.com/hkboakt 14 hours ago
- Big weekend volunteering for the Maine Appalachian Trail Club clearing 18 miles of the path. https://t.co/MIfTgqP7NL 2 days ago
- RT @Mark_Sisson: New Recipe - Polish Hunter’s Stew (Bigos) | Mark's Daily Apple bit.ly/1PQytXP 1 week ago
- RT @lawtong: Still a lot of snow in Colorado's high country. Tough year for CDT northbounders. View from Monarch Pass to the east https://t… 1 week ago
- Adventures demand prudent anxiety management. twitter.com/ThoreauPage/st… 1 week ago