Readers may know that I’ve given up on Big Agnes Aire Core mattresses due to multiple valve failures (3), after being told by their customer service that a valve failure is post unusual.
I have been totally satisfied with my Exped Downmat7 until this week, when it began spewing goose down out of the deflate valve, after I had used it about 40 times. Deflating the pad now requires considerable pressure due to the clogged valve.
On the positive side, Exped is right on, so far.
I shot Exped’s customer service an email, and that day received an e-mail from them requesting a photo of some numbers on the mat, and enclosed a photo of the problem. I answered a few questions and received another immediate response informing me that a brand new mat would be shipped out to me. This is the best response that a hiker can ever receive, and sets up a benchmark that should ensure satisfaction in future contacts. My experience is that all gear breaks (except for Western Mountaineering sleeping bags and Four Dog Stove’s Bushcooker LT stoves).
I am slightly concerned about what happened, and don’t want a repeat. Anyone else know about leak valve problems on an Exped mat?
- Over/with via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - You connect with ... tinyurl.com/z6jtsb8 2 hours ago
- LePage to Trump: Ax North Woods national monument | BDN Maine | Bangor Daily News bangordailynews.com/2017/02/22/out… 2 hours ago
- Great snow riding for 2 more days around here. Riding over a pond is a pump! #bubbasinthewoods… instagram.com/p/BQ1QZNWjhGc/ 12 hours ago
- Drawing a line in the sand via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - There are two ... tinyurl.com/jsufuxt 1 day ago
- Man attempting to climb Katahdin dies after sliding 1,000 feet | WCSH6.com. facebook.com/groups/baxters… wcsh6.com/mb/news/local/… 2 days ago