Readers may know that I’ve given up on Big Agnes Aire Core mattresses due to multiple valve failures (3), after being told by their customer service that a valve failure is post unusual.
I have been totally satisfied with my Exped Downmat7 until this week, when it began spewing goose down out of the deflate valve, after I had used it about 40 times. Deflating the pad now requires considerable pressure due to the clogged valve.
On the positive side, Exped is right on, so far.
I shot Exped’s customer service an email, and that day received an e-mail from them requesting a photo of some numbers on the mat, and enclosed a photo of the problem. I answered a few questions and received another immediate response informing me that a brand new mat would be shipped out to me. This is the best response that a hiker can ever receive, and sets up a benchmark that should ensure satisfaction in future contacts. My experience is that all gear breaks (except for Western Mountaineering sleeping bags and Four Dog Stove’s Bushcooker LT stoves).
I am slightly concerned about what happened, and don’t want a repeat. Anyone else know about leak valve problems on an Exped mat?
- @Al_Humphreys Just read your post on Medium. I want the book. Details on US purchase? 28 minutes ago
- How to deal with seams via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - a. There is no ... tinyurl.com/zfg78qr 2 hours ago
- Live at Carnegie Hall via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - Scores of famous ... tinyurl.com/htkn2m4 1 day ago
- Milton Glaser's rule via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - There are few ... tinyurl.com/hbcdq6w 2 days ago
- Guthook getting traction. twitter.com/guthookhikes/s… 2 days ago