Readers may know that I’ve given up on Big Agnes Aire Core mattresses due to multiple valve failures (3), after being told by their customer service that a valve failure is post unusual.
I have been totally satisfied with my Exped Downmat7 until this week, when it began spewing goose down out of the deflate valve, after I had used it about 40 times. Deflating the pad now requires considerable pressure due to the clogged valve.
On the positive side, Exped is right on, so far.
I shot Exped’s customer service an email, and that day received an e-mail from them requesting a photo of some numbers on the mat, and enclosed a photo of the problem. I answered a few questions and received another immediate response informing me that a brand new mat would be shipped out to me. This is the best response that a hiker can ever receive, and sets up a benchmark that should ensure satisfaction in future contacts. My experience is that all gear breaks (except for Western Mountaineering sleeping bags and Four Dog Stove’s Bushcooker LT stoves).
I am slightly concerned about what happened, and don’t want a repeat. Anyone else know about leak valve problems on an Exped mat?
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- This infographic stopped me in my tracks. I see so much of my last ten years and thru hiking ordeals here. twitter.com/Al_Humphreys/s… 9 hours ago
- I had a great time at the annual Goods From The Woods event at Oxbow Brewing in Newcastle, ME… instagram.com/p/Bai_QZwlbdI/ 10 hours ago
- Goods from the Woods 2017, Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM |@Eventbrite tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/21/goo… https://t.co/BwauQRRwcR 1 day ago
- RT @pauldoiron: In KNIFE CREEK Mike Bowditch dreads having to chase the "little squeakers” who elude him along Knife Creek. Here’s why he h… 1 day ago
- RT @dailystoic: "The key to a serene life is the realisation that some things are under our control and others are not." Massimo Pigliucci 1 day ago