Readers may know that I’ve given up on Big Agnes Aire Core mattresses due to multiple valve failures (3), after being told by their customer service that a valve failure is post unusual.
I have been totally satisfied with my Exped Downmat7 until this week, when it began spewing goose down out of the deflate valve, after I had used it about 40 times. Deflating the pad now requires considerable pressure due to the clogged valve.
On the positive side, Exped is right on, so far.
I shot Exped’s customer service an email, and that day received an e-mail from them requesting a photo of some numbers on the mat, and enclosed a photo of the problem. I answered a few questions and received another immediate response informing me that a brand new mat would be shipped out to me. This is the best response that a hiker can ever receive, and sets up a benchmark that should ensure satisfaction in future contacts. My experience is that all gear breaks (except for Western Mountaineering sleeping bags and Four Dog Stove’s Bushcooker LT stoves).
I am slightly concerned about what happened, and don’t want a repeat. Anyone else know about leak valve problems on an Exped mat?
- RT @ThoreauPage: "I love nature, I love the landscape, because it is so sincere. It never cheats me. It never jests. It is cheerfully, musi… 1 day ago
- @cardiio app.cardiio.com https://t.co/veveu7hula 1 day ago
- @johncarter_net She was incapacitated at some level. Clueless that Rt 27 was a handrail to the east. 5 days ago
- @johncarter_net The warden report notes a compass in her possession. 6 days ago
- Craig Mac conducting service at Bubba Church atop Pleasant this find Maine morning.… instagram.com/p/BIQUe4Gj9_W/ 6 days ago