Long before there were Spinning classes and suspension bicycles, Andy Hazen was riding. Up and down, all year round, churning out hundreds of miles a week, when most of us hope to get three or four rides in in any 7 day period.
In 2009, I loaned him a DVD named Ride The Divide. It was in the winter, and when it is particularly nasty out , Andy sets his bike up on a trainer and watches videos, where he prefers the Three Stooges. Something clicked in his mind while he was watching the video and when he handed it back to me, he said, “I am going to do this. ”
Never mind that he’s been at home for the past twenty years, tending Andrew’s Brewry, when I recall him taking just one weekend vacation, and that was up to Oquossoc, ME.
On May 25 Andy and I are hopping in his pickup truck and driving out to Montana, before he sets out on an acclimatizing ride from Whitefish to Banff, Canada and starts the adventure of a lifetime, the Tour Divide. I’ ll keep him company as we drive out to Livingston, MT where my son Lincoln has a house.
Last week, Deirdre Fleming and a staff photographer visited Lincolnville and spent some time interviewing the man himself.
Here’s the article.
- Over/with via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - You connect with ... tinyurl.com/z6jtsb8 2 hours ago
- LePage to Trump: Ax North Woods national monument | BDN Maine | Bangor Daily News bangordailynews.com/2017/02/22/out… 2 hours ago
- Great snow riding for 2 more days around here. Riding over a pond is a pump! #bubbasinthewoods… instagram.com/p/BQ1QZNWjhGc/ 12 hours ago
- Drawing a line in the sand via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - There are two ... tinyurl.com/jsufuxt 1 day ago
- Man attempting to climb Katahdin dies after sliding 1,000 feet | WCSH6.com. facebook.com/groups/baxters… wcsh6.com/mb/news/local/… 2 days ago