Rode 20 miles this morning before the rain and snow hit. It was cold, fought a headwind back up the ascent from Camden. Last time I rode was 5 days ago. Still nursing a tender shin that is still swollen from an encounter with a rock after a crash in the Rockland Bog. i need to remember how long it now takes to heal, and to smarten up and wear my shin guards. Sure doesn’t feel like Easter tonight. I’m stoking the wood stove and settling in with Auntie Mame, who is baking up some fresh pizza! .
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago