My friend Chris has supplied me with numerous outdoor gear leads over the years. His car is a rolling survivalist’s storage locker. Some of his recommendations have worked out ( Cabella’s winter jacket) and some have not ( big Agnes Air Core mattress).
The tiny Nanolight Streamlight is a best buy, a most useful tool, and has been with me 24/7 since December 2011. Mine is on a neck cord that I wear all the time, even in the shower. It’s definitely waterproof. The power comes from 4 tiny hearing aid batteries that cost more than the light itself if you buy them from a local discount drug store. Online battery supply houses sold me 16 of them for about $15. The light is surprisingly bright- definitely enough lumens to read a paperback in the dark.
You can buy them for under $10, online. I bought a half- dozen of them to give away as Christmas presents. I just gifted one to my hiking pal Guthook, and if you haven ‘t already done so, read his excellent backpacking blog – Guthook Hikes!
- Jamrog Wedding Planners sourcing yellowstone River driftwood for altar #keepingitreal instagram.com/p/50ROnTw8uN/ 2 days ago
- Return to Hiking the Best in the West: Absoroka Range/@Montana tjamrog.wordpress.com/2015/07/31/ret… http://t.co/NRycD9LRYZ 2 days ago
- RT @johncarter_net: MAN CAPTURES 2,660-MILE HIKE IN AMAZING THREE-MINUTE VIDEO tinyurl.com/nhjw6wx #Hike #Hiking #Backpacking #Outdoors … 2 days ago
- RT @Patriots: Today's #PatsPracticeYouWin prize is 2 tix to Pats-Packers & a Mayo signed ball courtesy of @nrgenergy! RT to enter: http://t… 3 days ago
- Flashback to today’s date in 2013 tjamrog.wordpress.com/2015/07/29/fla… http://t.co/vKqWTYcoIt 4 days ago