My friend Chris has supplied me with numerous outdoor gear leads over the years. His car is a rolling survivalist’s storage locker. Some of his recommendations have worked out ( Cabella’s winter jacket) and some have not ( big Agnes Air Core mattress).
The tiny Nanolight Streamlight is a best buy, a most useful tool, and has been with me 24/7 since December 2011. Mine is on a neck cord that I wear all the time, even in the shower. It’s definitely waterproof. The power comes from 4 tiny hearing aid batteries that cost more than the light itself if you buy them from a local discount drug store. Online battery supply houses sold me 16 of them for about $15. The light is surprisingly bright- definitely enough lumens to read a paperback in the dark.
You can buy them for under $10, online. I bought a half- dozen of them to give away as Christmas presents. I just gifted one to my hiking pal Guthook, and if you haven ‘t already done so, read his excellent backpacking blog – Guthook Hikes!
- Checking out 40 fitness related DNA markers via #FitnessGenes. Sending spit to the UK! https://t.co/nkCZJUvSa5 14 hours ago
- RT @ccnepal2013: boosting #ICU nursing practice in #Nepal, one region at a time. #globalhealth and #nursing ! wp.me/p1pDBL-OM https… 22 hours ago
- RT @PKirt: Why you have to keep pushing your comfort zone in learning #bushcraft: ow.ly/LMcX301ECs4 1 day ago
- Definite read. twitter.com/townsendoutdoo… 2 days ago
- I'm #reading Leadership and Self-Deception by The Arbinger Institute goodreads.com/review/show/16… 3 days ago