My friend Chris has supplied me with numerous outdoor gear leads over the years. His car is a rolling survivalist’s storage locker. Some of his recommendations have worked out ( Cabella’s winter jacket) and some have not ( big Agnes Air Core mattress).
The tiny Nanolight Streamlight is a best buy, a most useful tool, and has been with me 24/7 since December 2011. Mine is on a neck cord that I wear all the time, even in the shower. It’s definitely waterproof. The power comes from 4 tiny hearing aid batteries that cost more than the light itself if you buy them from a local discount drug store. Online battery supply houses sold me 16 of them for about $15. The light is surprisingly bright- definitely enough lumens to read a paperback in the dark.
You can buy them for under $10, online. I bought a half- dozen of them to give away as Christmas presents. I just gifted one to my hiking pal Guthook, and if you haven ‘t already done so, read his excellent backpacking blog – Guthook Hikes!
- Ice Cream Truck delivery on solid snow: lunchtime break #lifeinmaine #fatbike @ High St. 5 Star… instagram.com/p/BPnq8k-ButB/ 12 hours ago
- RT @Patriots: The ultimate one-game season. #OneMore https://t.co/sq9prjUjiX 21 hours ago
- RT @PatriotsInsider: How big was that overturned ruling on the TD now? 3 negative plays, FG for Pittsburgh. 1 day ago
- RT @PoliticusSarah: In the history of the United States, there has never been a one-day protest that was this large https://t.co/wKZ6Wpujk… 1 day ago
- RT @dailystoic: “No matter what anyone says or does, my task is to be good.” - Marcus Aurelius 5 days ago