My friend Chris has supplied me with numerous outdoor gear leads over the years. His car is a rolling survivalist’s storage locker. Some of his recommendations have worked out ( Cabella’s winter jacket) and some have not ( big Agnes Air Core mattress).
The tiny Nanolight Streamlight is a best buy, a most useful tool, and has been with me 24/7 since December 2011. Mine is on a neck cord that I wear all the time, even in the shower. It’s definitely waterproof. The power comes from 4 tiny hearing aid batteries that cost more than the light itself if you buy them from a local discount drug store. Online battery supply houses sold me 16 of them for about $15. The light is surprisingly bright- definitely enough lumens to read a paperback in the dark.
You can buy them for under $10, online. I bought a half- dozen of them to give away as Christmas presents. I just gifted one to my hiking pal Guthook, and if you haven ‘t already done so, read his excellent backpacking blog – Guthook Hikes!
- 3 of 5 stars to Trespasser by Paul Doiron goodreads.com/review/show?id… 4 days ago
- Fitness Goals Help ! tjamrog.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/fit… https://t.co/pBUe3gHbtJ 4 days ago
- My First Bike Commute of the Year tjamrog.wordpress.com/2016/04/30/my-… 5 days ago
- Chaga! Chaga! Finally found in the birch woods. Time for a boil up. #lifeinmaine @ Levenseller… instagram.com/p/BEx5jCcQ8uB/ 6 days ago
- It's New England Boiled Dinner on special Today. Fill 'er up! #lifeinmaine @ Moody's Diner instagram.com/p/BEwA-B2Q8vT/ 1 week ago