Instead of going to any professional workshops at this school psychologist convention this afternoon,
I ducked out and viewed 40 Van Gough masterpieces at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. The exhibit here is the only one in the US on the tour. I was floored at how absorbing it was.
As explained within the hotlinked data about the exhibit above, “This exhibition focuses on these tumultuous years, a period of feverish artistic experimentation that began when van Gogh left Antwerp for Paris in 1886 and continued until his death in Auvers in 1890. Radically altering and often outright abandoning traditional painting techniques, van Gogh created still lifes and landscapes unlike anything that had ever been seen before. ”
The paintings were vibrant with energy, emotion, motion and wonderment. One painting the I believe was entitled “Undergrowth” compelled me to state to myself, ” This is the most compelling painting I have ever seen.
The paintings were accessible, you were allowed to walk right up to them, and experience them from close up, where the individual brush strokes were clearly visible, as were the globs of paint. There was a point I stepped back and had a completely different experience. From further away the paintings leapt off the wall and connected deep within me.
Viewing these painting made me desire to be back in nature again and walking for months.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- This infographic stopped me in my tracks. I see so much of my last ten years and thru hiking ordeals here. twitter.com/Al_Humphreys/s… 9 hours ago
- I had a great time at the annual Goods From The Woods event at Oxbow Brewing in Newcastle, ME… instagram.com/p/Bai_QZwlbdI/ 10 hours ago
- Goods from the Woods 2017, Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM |@Eventbrite tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/21/goo… https://t.co/BwauQRRwcR 1 day ago
- RT @pauldoiron: In KNIFE CREEK Mike Bowditch dreads having to chase the "little squeakers” who elude him along Knife Creek. Here’s why he h… 1 day ago
- RT @dailystoic: "The key to a serene life is the realisation that some things are under our control and others are not." Massimo Pigliucci 1 day ago