Here’s a link to a winter day hike gear list recommended by the Appalachian Mountain Club. I’m in Hampshire, sleeping near North Conway for a Saturday morning 6 AM rendezvous with my hiking pal Clarkie, AKA Tenzing. We’re planning to ascend the Nineteen Mile Brook trail to Carter Dome. I’ll let you know how it goes, and may even post a photo from the top, if we make it. Gonna bring traction, should be icy.
- -4 and blowing snow. It's time to fire up the REALLy Petite Godin in the kitchen ! #woodheat @… instagram.com/p/BBw9AZRw8m0/ 9 hours ago
- @Al_Humphreys Good to know. Saves me time tracking it down here. More X to go outside. 1 day ago
- Ready to rip the downhill at dusk an 9 degrees last night. @ Camden Hills State Park, Maine instagram.com/p/BBukda4Q8uB/ 1 day ago
- Expert recommends northern winter footwear choices youtube.com/watch?feature=… tjamrog.wordpress.com/2016/02/13/exp… 1 day ago
- @Al_Humphreys Just read your post on Medium. I want the book. Details on US purchase? 1 day ago