Here’s a link to a winter day hike gear list recommended by the Appalachian Mountain Club. I’m in Hampshire, sleeping near North Conway for a Saturday morning 6 AM rendezvous with my hiking pal Clarkie, AKA Tenzing. We’re planning to ascend the Nineteen Mile Brook trail to Carter Dome. I’ll let you know how it goes, and may even post a photo from the top, if we make it. Gonna bring traction, should be icy.
- RT @Marmot: The Triple Crown of Hiking: 7,900 miles of amazing hikes. marmot.com/love-the-outsi… https://t.co/0bdpDjpHLx 1 day ago
- RT @ThoreauPage: "I should like not to exchange any of my life for money." #Thoreau #Quote 1 day ago
- Hitting the trail on Canada’s east coast -The Boston Globe tjamrog.wordpress.com/2016/05/29/hit… via @tjamrog 2 days ago
- it's time to respect the immigrants who have brought us to greatness and continue to make Armerica great. twitter.com/nytimes/status… 2 days ago
- Our Top 10 Comments of the Week – The New York Times tjamrog.wordpress.com/2016/05/28/our… https://t.co/tL30ELL1Xn 3 days ago