Here’s a link to a winter day hike gear list recommended by the Appalachian Mountain Club. I’m in Hampshire, sleeping near North Conway for a Saturday morning 6 AM rendezvous with my hiking pal Clarkie, AKA Tenzing. We’re planning to ascend the Nineteen Mile Brook trail to Carter Dome. I’ll let you know how it goes, and may even post a photo from the top, if we make it. Gonna bring traction, should be icy.
- RT @MaineATC: Tune into @MaineCalling Thurs. at 1pm to hear MATC’s Dave Field & Tony Barrett talk #AT tips and more! https://t.co/unXhr6T3Q… 13 hours ago
- RT @dailystoic: “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. ” Viktor Frankl 2 days ago
- RT @HikingLady: Hiking Lady readers! This month we have a DOUBLE giveaway - my favorite hiking hat (the Outdoor Research Seattle... https:… 2 days ago
- RT @united: The passengers this morning were United pass riders who were not in compliance with our dress code policy for company benefit t… 2 days ago
- Should 15,000 Steps a Day Be Our New Exercise Target? – The New York Times tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/03/25/sho… 3 days ago