Rescued by Two Dinners from second night at Deer Run Inn
Unique Northeast Kingdom experience last night within a PBR can’s throw from this below par (even for hikers) traveler’s nest. Enter Robbie’s Wildlife Refuge – where definitely lumbered some wild life- a place where one clearly needs just one visit to satisfy any future curiosity about those dark/shaky drinking establishments.
After we acquired our drinks ($2 beers, $4 mixed drinks) from the bartendress, we retreated to the back room, which was decorated in a tripartite motif of NASCAR, mounted hunting trophies, and football paraphernalia. Here we played several games of three person cutthroat pool, then darts. I had a view down the runway to the men’s room where I witnessed a 300 pound plus drunken female accosting the unsuspecting Weatherman. I also had to go to the men’s room, but chose to remain in discomfort until we left the place, rather than run the pawing/ bearhug gauntlet.
After I walked into Two Dinners’ condo I never left the place. If rained steadily all day, but not what I’d call a deluge. The wind was no worse than any other bad rain storm that I’ve been in.
It was a great day to zero, where I ate lots, slept, and watched 4 movies with the group here. Low aspirations are a relief sometimes.
It looks like the rain will stop at 2 AM, if you believe the National Weather Service. So, somehow, somewhere, we will be back to hiking tomorrow.
For today, it was so sweet to be safe, well fed, rested, and part of a happy, interested group of folks.
- On being discovered via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - Wouldn't that be ... tinyurl.com/y7mjjw93 17 hours ago
- Not Day 6 East Coast Trail: Motion Path tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/15/not… https://t.co/Y976TEnfbL 1 day ago
- Sloppy science via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - We can measure it. For ... tinyurl.com/y8ge5wfl 1 day ago
- Day 5 Eastern Trail : Retreat! tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/13/day… 3 days ago
- Last night's campsite. Deluge after midnight, and logistical decision made to retreat to… instagram.com/p/BXvNvEJF7_j/ 3 days ago