David Logan to Sucker Brook shelters. 13miles
Sitting here against the back wall of the shelter watching the spectacle of a young family with three boys- 5,4,and 3 years old cooking up hot dogs and beans on their first backpacking thip ever. We five (Lee, me, Spit and Shine, and Bad Influence) thought we’d be alone tonight, but at about 5:30 the family hour started. We five are in a shelter for eight, and they have no tent, so we’re squashing up. Hope it works out.
I had weak energy today. Who knows why? I was last out of the shelter and was last in line all day today, until the end when I finally chugged along after reaching the top of Mt. Horrid. I forgot that after that I still had to get up and over Cape Lookout (3216′) and then Gillespie Peak (3366′). The afternoon never ended. It seemed to take so long to reach this shelter. I was totally spent when I got here and immediately drank some water, pumped up my air mattress and then crashed into a nap.
My feet were still waterlogged and sore at the end of the day. The mud lingers. The profile was jagged and the ascent up Mt. Horrid was true to it’s name.
My Ibex wool t-shirt is in tatters and even Lee tells me I should throw it out. I want it to last the trip, i have to be careful taking it off and on as it is so thin that it tears easily. We will reach the half way point at Middlebury Gap tomorrow.
This hiking is tough.
- The market for used eclipse sunglasses via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - ... tinyurl.com/ybxfft9w 13 hours ago
- Valuing hygiene factors via Seth Godin's Blog on marketing, tribes and respect - A hygiene factor ... tinyurl.com/ybyz7waw 1 day ago
- Day 10 East Coast Trail: roaring ocean soundtrack tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/20/day… https://t.co/QYx8uhglZi 2 days ago
- Day 9 East Coast Trail- Witless Bay to Roaring Cove Campsite tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/19/day… 3 days ago
- Day 8 East Coast Trail Location: Witless Bay Suites. Mileage: 0 tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/08/17/day… https://t.co/KMuVURInGb 5 days ago