Auntie Mame knows me like no one else, and she was spectacular this year in her selection of my birthday gift.
On Sept 27, 2010 I threw in the trash can my broken, ripped, holey, leaking and torn Double Rainbow Tarptent at Manning Park in British Columbia.
This is what Mame gave me for my present.
A new Tarptent: The Moment!
I’ll be sleeping in it tonight, in Austin, Texas. I’ll let you know what I think of it after using it all this week.
- RT @dailystoic: "Difficulties show a person’s character." Epictetus ift.tt/2w2qaXB https://t.co/5euN1Wm0Jp 3 days ago
- Not so great for backpackers wrapping up a CDT hike though. twitter.com/lefsetz/status… 3 days ago
- RT @nytimes: Resist stereotypes about getting older and find ways to get the most out of life as you age, experts say https://t.co/ttTQ8snO… 3 days ago
- BG lived in Maine working the railroad before he found TheTrail. twitter.com/guthookhikes/s… 4 days ago
- RT @outsidemagazine: 137 wildfires. 7.8 million acres of burned land. This is not normal. bit.ly/2jpoA0j 4 days ago