I’s not alone in hoping for the chance to feel deeply around the holidays. As we move about our lives, often without a map or a clue, we encounter doors that we never expected. Today, one of those portals opened for me. You can diss social media, but today my chance came through Facebook, where my legislative representative, Andy O’Brien, posted a YouTube video of a song about Ellis Island, and immigrants coming to live in America at the turn of the last century: The Pogues- “Thousands Are Sailing”. All my grandparents were from Poland, and came here as mere teens, leaving their own families with hopes in their hearts for jobs, love, and homes of their own. It must have been so difficult. I thank them for my life this Thanksgiving.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with dozens of pages of full color photos.
- RT @Strava: Honored to be on the shortlist for best running app. If you love Strava, take a moment to cast your vote! https://t.co/6YJDYNlI… 2 days ago
- RT @TheWaldenWoods: Written February 3, 1857, in his "Journal," vol. IX, p.236 https://t.co/QnNnMecEPE 2 days ago
- The ground underneath the snow later is unfrozen. Still harvesting leeks. Potato/ Leek Soup… instagram.com/p/Bco9x7NF0P7/ 2 days ago
- 5 of 5 stars to The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben goodreads.com/review/show/22… 3 days ago
- Another Crash tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/12/12/ano… https://t.co/h4sLcs12cB 3 days ago