Heading Over to Gorham, NH for a weekend of hiking in the White Mountains with Birdlegs, Rangoon, Ohm, and Quartermoon.
Outside here on the coast this morning it is sunny and warm. Here’s the present report from the top of Mt. Washington: Temperature 13.7°F, Wind 53.7 mph, Wind Chill -12.3°. Got to pack for the cold and wind.
Here’s the link to the Webcam on the Observation Deck on top. I’d suggest bookmaking it and referring to it when you think things might be interesting up there. It is uncanny how often the winds are up over 100 MPH.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- This infographic stopped me in my tracks. I see so much of my last ten years and thru hiking ordeals here. twitter.com/Al_Humphreys/s… 13 hours ago
- I had a great time at the annual Goods From The Woods event at Oxbow Brewing in Newcastle, ME… instagram.com/p/Bai_QZwlbdI/ 14 hours ago
- Goods from the Woods 2017, Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM |@Eventbrite tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/21/goo… https://t.co/BwauQRRwcR 1 day ago
- RT @pauldoiron: In KNIFE CREEK Mike Bowditch dreads having to chase the "little squeakers” who elude him along Knife Creek. Here’s why he h… 1 day ago
- RT @dailystoic: "The key to a serene life is the realisation that some things are under our control and others are not." Massimo Pigliucci 1 day ago