I had a dream last night that I was not only able to remember, but which rendered itself as my personal mini-epic.
In my dream I was approaching the Sidney Tappan Campsite in Maine, on the Appalachian Trail, above the Katahdin Iron Works road. I am able to remember this site easily. It was a small, simple place, but an inviting one, one that is rarely found at elevation. It is just the type of place that one would expect a caretaker, but none has been posted, yet. The day I moved through there was no one there.
In my dream I am standing on the Trail, and looking uphill through misty clouds. Both sides of the Trail are crammed with tents, hundreds, maybe thousands of tents of all colors and shapes, each with quiet people nearby, standing or sitting. We were waiting to move forward, but all taking our time. I was aware that we were all aware of a huge presence that we were participants in.
I feel fortunate to have such a dream.
In the Path of Young Bulls details a team’s five-month-long stint of daily challenges along the Continental Divide National Scenic Trail, one of the USA’s toughest long-distance journeys. The book also serves as a resource for section and long-distance hikers in planning their own CDT adventures, by including daily mileages from starting and ending locations, as well as on-trail reports and conditions for each day’s hike.
$30.00 (plus tax)
286 pages, with over 50 pages of full color photos.
- This infographic stopped me in my tracks. I see so much of my last ten years and thru hiking ordeals here. twitter.com/Al_Humphreys/s… 9 hours ago
- I had a great time at the annual Goods From The Woods event at Oxbow Brewing in Newcastle, ME… instagram.com/p/Bai_QZwlbdI/ 10 hours ago
- Goods from the Woods 2017, Sat, Oct 21, 2017 at 12:00 PM |@Eventbrite tjamrog.wordpress.com/2017/10/21/goo… https://t.co/BwauQRRwcR 1 day ago
- RT @pauldoiron: In KNIFE CREEK Mike Bowditch dreads having to chase the "little squeakers” who elude him along Knife Creek. Here’s why he h… 1 day ago
- RT @dailystoic: "The key to a serene life is the realisation that some things are under our control and others are not." Massimo Pigliucci 1 day ago